Friday, September 23, 2005

Blogging advice

Found this piece of advice posted at Norm's about blog traffic:
"Over 80% of the daily traffic to almost every blog is generated by people going directly to the main URL of a blog without any prompting from a link, blogroll or web search. If you want to build an audience for your blog, you are going to have to get them to come in through the front door on a regular basis."
I should say this is Chris Bowers' advice and not Norm's. Dunno about other people's but this certainly isn't the case with mine: according to the old sitemeter, were it not for kind people linking my blog and individual posts, I reckon I'd have about two readers a week - which brings me to the latest blogroll update:
Natalie Solent - new to me, but obviously not to others, given the amount of hits her kind linking of one of my posts generated. (Thanks also to Laban.)

I'm also adding this: following an initial misunderstanding, there's now an outbreak of love and peace - although not too much; you can't trust a hippy, after all.

And, um, I'll put this back after this conversation (silliness on my part; apologies to all readers who imagined this is a blog written by a mature adult).
Next task: a proper tidy-up of links, putting them in aphabetical order and all that - but the very idea suddenly makes me feel tired...

No comments:

Blog Archive