Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Hiatus

Is a word I learned from Rullensberg Rules' side-bar. It means a blog is not dead but will unconscious for a while. Need to take a break because as long-suffering readers will testify, I haven't been able to produce much more recently than bad-tempered rants about education.

This reflects the reality: I'm working in an asylum where my comrade I talked about here is off sick with migraine headaches. After a few aspirin breakfasts, he eventually consulted his doctor. I don't know what the diagnosis was but you don't have to have a medical background to think that there's maybe just a faint possibility that the doctor might have suggested the experience of being assaulted on the job, and the fact that he works in an environment where this offence doesn't merit even one day's suspension, may not be helping?

Contrary to the tabloid myth - in this situation, as in all others, "bloshie teacher's unions" are conspicuous by their absence.

That's why I'm taking a break. I can't think about much else at the moment - but people don't want to hear this shit.

I'll be back when I've got something less boring to say.

Oh, and if you've been directed to this site on the pretext that you'll find something amusing about education to read - can I suggest you track down some of Roy Hattersley's articles about education - they're always good for a laugh...

No comments:

Blog Archive