Third Avenue has an excellent post over at the Sharpener. Good to read an eloquent defence of the present constitutional settlement.
I won't comment further because embarrassingly for me as a Scot, I think he knows rather more about it than I do.
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (22)
- ► 2012 (41)
- ► 2011 (74)
- ► 2010 (112)
- ► 2009 (117)
- ► 2008 (149)
- ► 2007 (212)
- ► 2006 (532)
- Father Christopher Clonan
- Smokers Liberation Front
- Anglican's "symbolic" boycott
- Critics lay into Blair on ID cards
- Workers take to the streets in South Africa
- "The US is a theocracy suffering from galloping sp...
- New Labour and legal moralism
- Iranian election
- A Green light for Enfield academy
- Strange outbreak of agreeing with Islamic hard-lin...
- Is being Scottish bad for your health?
- "Clearance denial"
- Olympics to create 'sporty Scots'
- For good or ill, institutions matter
- The pressing issue of the day
- Sharp-dressed men
- Lazy Sunday Round-up
- Iranian election
- Polly Toynbee: in Europe, not America
- Cameron declares candidature for Tory Party
- Scottish first with a humanist wedding
- Politicians are positive dopes
- Tory boys on education
- Conservative MPs reclaim the power to choose leade...
- Writing reports: the culture of compulsory euphemi...
- From the mouth of babes
- Finland's education system
- UK unemployment continues to fall
- Rumsfeld: Guantanamo's image "unfortunate"
- Blair rejects rebate freeze plan
- Labour links run deep amid 'cronyism' of Scots qua...
- Probation for naked interviewer
- Sisters are doing it for themselves...
- Gulags again
- Elections in Iran: pre-cooked
- Adoption changes: some questions for the god-squad...
- Anger over Warnock's criticism of special schools
- Anti-semitism, again
- One of these book meme thingys
- Skool uniform
- Morrison investors battered by profits warnings
- Anti-semitism in the workplace?
- Swimming against the stream
- The West Lothian Question
- What would Jesus eat?
- City's anti-bigotry drive "success"
- The rise and rise of the surveillance society
- Prospect of a re-alignment at Holyrood?
- Hitch was in town
- Banning Bibles
- Dutch say no
- EU consensus needed to scrap UK vote
- Latest fashion - pierced eyeballs
- Degree no guarantee of big money
- Sheridan hails his 'little rebel'
- The EU and the politics of fear
- ▼ June (56)
British and Scottish Social
Elections and Voters
- A Cloud in Trousers
- Bad Conscience
- Butterflies and Wheels
- Chase me ladies, I'm in the Cavalry
- Christopher Hitchens
- Dave Hill
- Dave Osler
- Excuse me while I step outside
- Fat Man on a Keyboard
- Flying Rodent
- George Szirtes
- Labour and Capital
- Martin in the margins
- Mick Hartley
- Never Trust a Hippy
- Nick Cohen
- Obcene Desserts
- Olly's Onions
- Pickled Politics
- Rosie Bell
- Rullsenberg Rules
- Shiraz Socialist
- Simply Jews
- Slugger O'Toole
- Stumbling and Mumbling
- The gaping silence
- We'll Get it Right Next Time
- Whitehall 1212
Blogroll with aloe vera
British and Scottish Political
- Amnesty International
- China links
- China Support Network
- CIA factbook
- Democracy Now
- Europa - EU Online
- Human Rights in China
- Human Rights Watch
- International Labour Organization
- Labour Friends of Iraq
- South Africa links
- Statistical Abstract of the US
- Tibet Administration in Exile
- US Elections Stats
- Whitehouse Homepage