This place is crap. It's boooooooooooring! I certainly don't come here for the banter - because there isn't any. And it's full of orange teenagers with braces (there's a strong correlation between the two, I've found) asking you for fags. Plus it's miles away from anything resembling civilisation.
But top of the annoyance list today is the toilets in this stupid place. There's a solitary male staff 'convenience' that you have to climb about a million stairs to get to and everytime I make the journey, it's either occupied with someone taking a dump, or they have very obviously just left. Every goddam day. This is decidedly inconvenient.
What's wrong with these people - haven't they got toilets at home or something? The only time I ever take a workplace No. 2 is if there's something wrong with me. If I ever stank up the joint in this abominable way, I think I'd have the grace to resign. Or consult my doctor at the very least. They should be ashamed of themselves. How they've got the cheek to emerge from the bog and say hello as if they've done nothing wrong is beyond me.
Roll on unemployment - roll on Thursday. Suggestions of alternative careers would be welcome, although at the moment I'd settle for a job where there's more than one goddam toilet on the premises.
Update: Plus I've got a whole load of 2nd year projects to mark, which I just can't face doing because 95% of them look completely shit. And that's just the front-covers.
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2014 (20)
- ► 2013 (22)
- ► 2012 (41)
- ► 2011 (74)
- ► 2010 (112)
- ► 2009 (117)
- ► 2008 (149)
- ► 2007 (212)
- Thought for today
- Ask not for whom the bell tolls
- 4 out of 10 doctors
- Theories of history
- Teachers think size matters
- Sing if you're glad to be (born) gay?
- The town that said no to Tesco
- More from the Department for the Bleeding Obvious
- On matters of life and death
- People losing their damn minds #17
- Workplace annoyances
- The Great Divide: initial impressions
- Brown goes nuclear
- Progress and orange people
- Policeman employers
- Free thinking and slavery
- US Democrats: the state they're in
- Sakchai Makao
- Fighting Iraq’s new Taliban
- British soldiers claim Taliban used children as sh...
- Labour slides to 20-year poll low
- The devolution dynamic
- U-turn on Glasgow pub glass ban
- Smoking ban update
- Chastity rings banned
- Probation plan for poor teachers
- On prejudice (briefly): rationality and religion
- Totalitarianism and the annihilation of the presen...
- Livingstone in talking (some) sense shock
- Pootergeek's educational services
- Young keen teachers
- Glasgow City Council to be bankrupted
- Terrorists in crisis, says Zarqawi document
- Contortions and translations
- Most leading journalists went to private schools
- People losing their damn minds #16
- Heart of Midlothian
- World Cup dilemma
- Schools too damn girly
- Lloyds launches Islamic portfolio
- Scots invented beautiful game
- A vice I'm truly ashamed of
- Women's Rights Activists Beaten in Tehran
- World cup recantation
- Ethical shopping?
- Firm cancels Scots event after World Cup snub to E...
- "Don't moan, take action, it's your street too"
- Defeat and disgust
- Football hooligans
- The glory of summer
- Amnesty and "full spectrum rights"
- Biggest US counterterrorism success since 9/11?
- Minister's wife takes over Ofsted
- MSP milks the system
- The death of Zarqawi: celebrating too soon?
- Religion, theocracy and the left
- Zarqawi killed in Iraq air raid
- Livingstone: London 'subsidising Scots lifestyle'
- Pupils spurn healthier school meals
- A short note on tolerance
- It's hot!
- Muslims seek safe haven in Israel
- Liberal airhead
- Lost in Ikea
- Scotland's crime capital
- Charles accused of wasting police time
- Blairites for Dave?
- On insincerity and other duties
- Swapping fishing for blogging?
- Anecodotes from the trenches
- ▼ June (71)
- ► 2005 (279)
British and Scottish Social
Elections and Voters
- A Cloud in Trousers
- Bad Conscience
- Butterflies and Wheels
- Chase me ladies, I'm in the Cavalry
- Christopher Hitchens
- Dave Hill
- Dave Osler
- Excuse me while I step outside
- Fat Man on a Keyboard
- Flying Rodent
- George Szirtes
- Labour and Capital
- Martin in the margins
- Mick Hartley
- Never Trust a Hippy
- Nick Cohen
- Obcene Desserts
- Olly's Onions
- Pickled Politics
- Rosie Bell
- Rullsenberg Rules
- Shiraz Socialist
- Simply Jews
- Slugger O'Toole
- Stumbling and Mumbling
- The gaping silence
- We'll Get it Right Next Time
- Whitehall 1212
Blogroll with aloe vera
British and Scottish Political
- Amnesty International
- China links
- China Support Network
- CIA factbook
- Democracy Now
- Europa - EU Online
- Human Rights in China
- Human Rights Watch
- International Labour Organization
- Labour Friends of Iraq
- South Africa links
- Statistical Abstract of the US
- Tibet Administration in Exile
- US Elections Stats
- Whitehouse Homepage