Thursday, January 05, 2012

Schools and alarm bells

I don't mean fire alarms. I'm referring to the sense you get when you go into a school and there's certain indications that the establishment you've walked into might prove to be a little 'challenging'.

They are too numerous to list but one stood out to me and it was when I was given a school handbook and one of the first things I was directed to was where the panic button on the classroom telephone was.

Anyway, on a completely unrelated matter, here's a report about how many of the findings of the Commission on School Reform were rejected by Education Secretary Mike Russell.

He was right to do so, although I should stress that my reasons for wholeheartedly agreeing with Mr Russell are unrelated to the anecdote above. That I just felt like sharing.

Blog Archive