Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Doing two things at once

Mr Eugenides reminded me of this:
"Road warriors face picking up penalty points on their driving licences if they are caught using their mobile phones at the wheel from next month. From February 27, the penalty for using a handheld phone while driving will increase from £30 to £60 plus three points.

Announcing the change this week, Douglas Alexander said: "Research shows that talking on a mobile phone while driving affects your concentration and ability to react to dangerous situations. It's quite simple - it's impossible to do two things at once and do them well."
Douglas Alexander is Transport Secretary.

And Scottish Secretary.

Also, as regular readers of this blog will know - I have revealed in the past that he also used to dress up in women's clothes and pass himself off as Wendy Alexander MSP. Sceptics dismiss this, claiming Wendy is in fact Douglas's sister but since making my original allegation, to date no-one has come forward with evidence to refute this.

The silence speaks volumes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get this. Anything that persecutes car users is a good thing is it not?

I'd hang the fuckers if I had my way (which I won't - but I have a lot of good moments to myself thinking about it).

dearieme said...

I cycle to work. I don't mind cars, it's buses that make life dangerous for me. I'd burn the bloody things.

Anonymous said...

I have met them both 'in the flesh' and they were both nice enough people in their ways. However, I got to say that he was better looking as him than he was as her... I suggest he says 'stuff em all' and just calls himself Dawendy?

Anonymous said...

I've met Wendy often. They say she is very talented, but I saw no evidence of this. Does she play a musical instrument, does anyone know?

Blog Archive