Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Support your local blogs

I'm completely unconcerned with issues surrounding nationality so I don't share the worries of this young blogger:
"Why are there no real big guns in the Scottish blogosphere? And the ones that do attract attention usually aren’t writing about Scottish politics!"
Answer to a) is because in the national tradition the 'big guns' have fucked off to London; those of us that have stayed are wasted on class A drugs and alcohol. But we're okay with that, it's everyone else that has a problem, in my view. Still, I do think the Scottish blogosphere offers good stuff that isn't available in the Glasgow "most fucking boring newspaper in the history of the human race" Herald, so if you're provincially inclined visit this, and this, and this, and this, and this. Plus two adopted Jocks here and here. And we have a bona fide member of the real fleet here.

Fuck - how drunk am I?

Answer to b) is because nobody gives a fuck. Unless the SNP actually show signs of winning in May. In which case I serve notice that this blog is going into unionist overdrive. I'm voting Scottish Labour because they're the only party that can be trusted on this issue. Sad, verging on the tragic - but there it is. Happy New Year.

Kisses,

Shugs.

6 comments:

Will said...

Excellent.

X

Nationalists of all persuasions can kiss my fucking pert arse.

Scotland is the greatest nation on earth. Best country in the world etc etc.

Apart from all the ones I _have_ visited in the world.

Shuggy said...

Pffffffffffffff! But it's MY country. So I love it. Love you too. I'm still drunk.

X

flyingrodent said...

I don't think it's fair to call the Herald the "most fucking boring newspaper in the history of the human race", Shuggy.

You've obviously never read the Scotsman.

Shuggy said...

Hmmm - fair point. It's a close contest there.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Drunk is beautiful, no questions. But when is the color scheme of this place going back to normal? I mean, white on blue (or white on black for that matter) is murder on one's eyes.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Now will, consider one tiny spot of knowledge. Scotland happens to be the only country on this stinking globe where they produce Scotch. What else do you want for proof.

On the other hand, they produce haggis too...

Blog Archive