Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Goddam workplace notices

God I hate them! I can feel the life-force ebbing from me when I read them - which is every goddam day. I don't have a photo this time but there's one in the place I'm in just now that says:
"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing".
This is so obviously untrue, it makes me wanna cry. I think you'll find that 'playing', whateverthefuck that entails in this context, will fail to reverse the ageing process.

Furthermore, it's in the staffroom - so senior management can't, on this occasion, be blamed for this particular example of vacuity.

On this theme another one that really gets on my tits is, "You're as young as the woman you feel".

In my case this would be nice because it would make me several years younger than I actually am.

But it isn't - so shut up and stop being silly.

Maybe I'm too literally-minded. Anyway, liked the following example, courtesy of Will:

No comments:

Blog Archive