Sunday, May 13, 2007

Thought for today

From the Epistle of James:
"Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. 5) You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. 6) You have condemned and murdered innocent men, who were not opposing you."
I would like Glasgow City Council to take this on board. Okay, the last line may be a bit strong but you've neglected, for the second month in a row, to pay me my goddam wages on time. I mean, it's a pretty basic thing: I've given up any concept that anyone there, despite their protestations to the contrary, gives a shit about my 'continuing professional development' but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be paid. The worker is worthy of his hire, and all that. I find it helps with life's little luxuries - like paying the mortgage, for example. So give me my fucking money or surely the Lord will smite thee.

I doubt they're reading this - maybe I should just phone.

No comments:

Blog Archive